Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Paris with the Parents



The parents arrived safely in Paris.

Forgetting how hard jetlag can be, I ran them around Paris to go to the Musée Branly. I've been wanting to go there for the past four years. The museum was really cool, as hoped (and freee for me), but rather dark inside. Darkness + places to sit + jetlag = sleeping dad. We rushed through Oceania and the Americas and to lunch at Les Cigales. Parents fading fast, we headed back to the hotel for a nap.

Post-nap, we headed to Théâtre de la Huchette to see Ionesco's first two plays. The nap got them through the first play admirably, but the second play proved a little more taxing, until the characters started yelling. It's the 55th year of these plays' runs in this particular theater and my third time seeing it. Mary the maid and the fireman have been the same actors all three times, I'm fairly certain.



Today, we head to Strasbourg.

Much love,

MCJ

No comments:

Post a Comment