Monday, September 3, 2012

La maison rose


And now for some pictures of my new city:


 Strasbourg is a very bike-friendly city.


Spotted: an American flag.


Alsacian folk dancing. 


A little tribute to Alsatian wines. While I was here, a man came up and tasted one of the grapes from the vine. He did not seem to care for it.  


Things can feel pretty deserted on Sundays. 

And now for pictures of the room!

Ikea chic (though my bed is actually from some similar -- undoubtedly cheaper -- German brand).  

Towels hanging everywhere because I don't yet know how to use the washing machine/dryer. Please note my excellent view of un camping, aka, an RV. Also note my Breton cuisine recipe cloths hanging on the wall. They bring a nice little pop and remind me of my wonderful time in Brittany. 

I'm feeling pretty lucky, camping and all. 

MCJ

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your room!! Especially those wonderfully bright recipe cloths. Strasbourg is breathtakingly beautiful. Wish I were there to enjoy it with you!! Much love from this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete