Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lapin lapin lapin!

This morning when I got up I hopped around my room saying "rabbit" so you know this is going to be a lucky month. How can I be so sure it's going to be lucky month?

(1) I'm leaving for France this month.
(2) I woke up to an email from my contact person at the elementary school AND an email from the person in charge of my apartment at the middle school. It looks like I will be working with some of the best responders in all of France. I have never had to wait more than a day for a response to any of my queries. From the looks of things from the facebook TAPIF group, I win.
(3) My apartment will be furnished! I'll have a fridge! And a bed! With a mattress! And a microwave (?!??? I really was not expecting that). That is all definitely a relief. While I would prefer a real oven to a microwave, I'll take what I can get. (I will have hot plates... far more important.)
(4) The colder weather clothing I ordered arrived today and all fits perfectly. I got a jacket that looks nice and polished but is made with the lovely fuzzy sweatshirt fabric so I'll feel cozy and happy even when dressed not like a slob. I also now have more than one pair of jeans (including one of them "skinny" jeans that all the young'ns have been talking about).
and (5) I got a phone call from my best friend this morning and she's doing wonderfully in her new city. :)

The teacher from the elementary school asked me if I had found accommodation yet. Even though I'm really curious if there are other (better) options, I think I'll refrain, because I was really happy with my one and only option before and don't want to confuse myself and end up dissatisfied by having even more options. On a related note, I will be working in the Collège Kerbellec, marked below by the "A" on the map. You can see how close Lorient is! It's only a few kilometers away.


Vocab lesson:
la bouilloire -- (tea) kettle
les plaques electriques -- hot plates

No comments:

Post a Comment